comic © me
satan © himself
i find it strange that people unfollow blogs because of too much personal posting, like i live for that shit. i want to know all about the life that you think is boring as fuck but i find an endlessly fascinating mystery. let me in to your world
i was looking through my old facebook statuses and i stumbled upon this
dear 2010 me
the future is now
Finally, a Marvel movie with a female lead!
Let me know if ‘real power’ wants a magazine or something
He already got one
HOW TO MAKE A LOW BUDGET AWESOME ANGEL BLADE (SUPERNATURAL)
1) Get some cardboard. Lots and lots of cardboard. Basically, you need enough to make the basic shape. I had this thick carboard tube from something (it was probably cling film or something like that) which I used for the handle, then I cut out three triangles of cardboard and stuck them together with tape. I also added a thin strip around the bit where the top and the handle met, just as a base for the thing around it. Put tape around it. Everywhere you need it. Make sure you use a lot, because that’s what’s gonna be holding this thing together for the time being.
2) Get PVA glue and a paintbrush (or your fingers), and something to stop glue getting all over your bedroom floor/wherever you’re making this (I did it on a counter in my kitchen, on the piece of cardboard you see there). Rip newspaper into strips (make sure there aren’t any interesting articles so you don’t find yourself trying to piece little pieces back together), coat the cardboard base in glue, and cover it with the newspaper. Keep repeating this, over and over, but not so much that your blade starts to look like a hot dog or something. Less is more, but you need to put enough on so that it’s sturdy and strong. Keep the tip pointy! Once you’ve done that, use a little cardboard to add the pointy bits around the middle. Cover that with newspaper and glue also. Twist some newspaper into like thin things (best way I can describe it) to make the ridge around the middle, and let it dry. It needs to be pretty dry so the paint doesn’t make it really soggy.
3) Black and white poster paint. Mix it. Remember, a little black goes a long way!!!!! Don’t underestimate the black poster paint. Please don’t. It will turn around and bite you in the ass. Coat the blade in the gray paint (I made it quite dark). Before this dries, score lines in the blade part. Do it gently, or all the newspaper will rip off (or it nearly did with mine, probably because I was too impatient to wait for the papier mache to dry properly)! Wait for it to dry.
4) To make your blade shiny, I got some silver nail varnish and coated the blade in that, entirely. A few coats was necessary because my silver nail varnish was like £1 from the market therefore quite transparent, so you may need a few coats, you may not, depending on the price of the nail varnish. To be honest, less than half a bottle was enough to make mine look pretty shiny.
5) Finally, use a base coat/top coat nail varnish (as long as it’s clear it doesn’t matter; I used base coat) to cover the blade once more, just to make it a tiny bit more shiny.
6) Yeah, that’s it! Enjoy pretending to be an angel, and if you have any questions, feel free to send me an ask uwu this was really low budget and I made it entirely with stuff I had lying around in my room (I’m creative (GREEN IS NOT A CREATIVE COLOUR)), so you don’t have to be rich to make this, and it comes out quite good for homemade, if Imay say so myself. Obviously you can make it as big as you want but I made the blade part of mine quite short. Also, top tip: don’t bite the end. At all. I have a habit of biting things so the end of my angel blade has been worn down pretty much to the tape from the beginning, cause I’ve been biting it. So don’t, okay? ;)
These are the lines for a greaserlock pic that will be the background for the business cards Michi and I will have at 221B con! She’s having the John side and I am having the Sherlock side. Because I’m just that cute.
Should I give John glasses? I can never decide…
EDIT: I’ve had a cool idea, maybe John can be holding his bio textbooks like the little nerd that he is??